Lesens-, hörens- und sehenswerte Fundstücke aus der Welt der Spiele.
Benjamin Cribb: How System Discovery Culture Progresses
- „Better understanding the common or competing structures of game design theories will help us to be more diligent in crafting these theories, and reduce confusion while debating them.“
Joost van Dongen: The requirements of good matchmaking
- „Because it’s usually impossible to achieve all matchmaking goals simultaneously, you need to think about how important each of them is. Especially waiting times suffer when you make other requirements more important.“
Keith Burgun: Clockwork Game Design Podcast Episode 41
- „Maybe there are […] formal, testable, true, absolute qualities of what is beautiful. […] And my work is mostly in how to make ‚better‘ systems. […] However, […] I think that art also has another purpose of connecting. It’s saying: Hey, I see the world this way.“
Kevin Murphy: Does Inventory Management Ruin RPGs?
- „I find that in many RPGs I spend about half my time (or at least far too much of it) considering what to loot, reading item descriptions, going back and forth between different gun stat listing to weigh the pros and cons of changing my primary weapon, and generally not playing the game!“
Raph Koster: Consent Systems
- „To host a multiplayer virtual environment is to host and govern a space, and there are no shortage of models precisely because spaces are where we normally live.“